Pages

Thursday 1 October 2009

The end of September

It feels like a lot has happened since I last blogged.  I reached a milestone in my pregnancy on Monday by changing to my baby delivery doctor.  Yep, I am now 35 weeks (tomorrow 36!).  He and I work together in the ER so it nice to already know each other.  I think that he is great and very cautious which I don't mind.  He decided to send me for another ultrasound to make sure that everything was okay with the baby.  He thinks that because we nurses work so hard our babies tend to be on the small side and he also wanted to make sure there was enough fluid as well.  Can you see why we like him so much in the ER?  He knows that nurses are hard workers!  

Anyway we headed into the city yesterday for the ultrasound and everything looks great according to the report.  The baby weighs a little over 5 pounds, which is great.  Cali weighed about that much at this time as well.  Comforting to know that this one will also be a little peanut if the ultrasound was accurate.  I am betting on 6lbs 5oz  for this one.  The Ultrasound Tech also told me that this baby has hair (unlike her older sisiter) and looks like a girl still.  So we are go to go... we just need to think of a name.  I am still leaning toward Cassandra or Natasha... Ed was thinking about Erin last night.  We are still working on it...

Cali went home with her Grammie last night to spend a few days there so I could get some rest.  I slept until 11:30am today, but I just don't know to do without her.  The house feels so empty.  Last night Ed and I didn't know what to do either.  After supper we just looked at each other, trying to think of something to do.  Luckily enough Ed had bought me the "Beatles Rock Band" a few days ago so we played that until it was time for bed.  We had a great time playing it and I have to say I was not so bad on the drums, but as my drummer friend told me years ago Ringo wasn't a drumming genious.  Anyway that music brought back a lot of Astral Drive Juniour High memories and I ended up with some crazy dreams last night.

In other news Cali can now jump even higher and here is the video to prove it.  Her Dad is so proud!     


Cali also attended her first traditional birthday party.  She had a blast and didn't want to leave, even though I made her wear a dress.  Hey, I always had to wear dresses to birthday parties until maybe grade 6.  I swear that birthday party so well planned; I am stealing all the ideas.  I had absolutely no idea we were there for three hours, the time just flew.  This is a picture of Cali painting her plate which they later decorated with fish stickers and sand; it was a mermaid theme party.  We have the plate up on the fridge still.

That's about it from here, now I will get back to thinking of what to do without Cali around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment