Pages

Tuesday 13 October 2009

Happy October!


I have to admit I have been waiting for this month for about... 9 months. I was so excited to flip the page on my calendar and last week when got our first snowfall I was completely ecstatic! Cali and I went out and played in the yard for the first time in a few weeks. The 33 degree weather we had was going to kill me! I swear we have never had a better September than this year and I couldn't even enjoy it!


With winter approaching quickly I am ready to start decorating for Christmas! I know I must wait until Hallowe'en is over. I have completed my shopping I just need to wrap the gifts. I am just having difficulty finding a time when both Ed and Cali are out of the house or sleeping. Perhaps that will be next prenatal insomnia task. I am getting so excited for Cali to see her gifts! Christmas with kids is the best!

Thanksgiving was much enjoyed by our family. Ed's older brother Darryl came down from Edmonton and my parents came up from Okotoks to spend the day with us. The food was great as usual and we just had a great time spending time together as a family.

I am now 37 weeks and 4 days. So anytime now would be good. I think that I have everything ready now. I cooked up a storm all weekend and now our freezer is full with meals. I also washed and folded all the baby clothes, which now thanks to my daughter are scattered about the house. I am sure she will be willing to pick them up later :)

Another event; Ed and I puppy-sat over the weekend for a Chihuahua named Leah. I must admit that we both had some anxiety about it at the beginning but we survived quite well. Cali loved having a dog in the house, and referred to her only as "cute little doggy". She loved to help with Leah's care, so I am hoping this will be a similar reaction to her little "stister".

I just have a couple of videos that I want to share of Cali singing. It's funny Ed always talked about how he wanted his children to enjoy music; I think it’s safe to say he got his wish. Cali loves to sing and serenades us throughout the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment