Pages

Thursday 30 June 2011

Don't let the bug bites bite

I love the way kids talk.  It's sad when they stop saying words in their special way.

The other day Lexi walked into the kitchen:

Lexi: Mommy, are you?
Me: I am over here Lexi.
Lexi: O-tay

And last night when Cali was helping put Lexi to bed she said, 

"Good night, sleep tight, don' t let the bug bites bite".

When Cali asks you something doesn't say "how do you do" something, she says "how don't you do" something.  I am quite used to it but sometimes it catches me off guard.  

Cali: Mommy how don't you do you do the dishes?
Me:  Ummm, I just leave them by sink hoping your Dad will do them.

What was really cute was when Cali couldn't say "knife", she would say "life" instead.  She would say things like:

"Mommy I need a life"
or
"Mommy you need a life for that"
or my favourite
"Lexi can't have a life, she's just a baby!"

Speaking of words, Cali is a big fan of the show "Word Girl" on PBS.  So one day a few months ago she asked me to draw a picture of Word Girl and Captain Huggyface on the chalk board.  I drew my picture and came back later to see that Cali added a little something behind Word Girl.  I started to laugh, take a look...


Cali explained to me that she added air behind Word Girl to make it look like she flying really fast.  That's not what I saw.  What do you see?
  




3 comments:

  1. I think Word Girl has a bad case of gas. Maybe too many tacos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I thought.

    ReplyDelete