Pages

Friday 24 June 2011

Summer is Here!

It seems like on June 21st summer decided to grace us with its presence.  We have had a great the past few days.  Two days ago we went to Heritage Park.  As a teenager I thought that there wasn't much to the park but it has really changed in 15 years.

Cali loved taking a ride on the train and in the horse drawn wagon.  Her favourite part though was the merry-go-round.  Lucky for here there weren't many kids around and she got to ride it again and again.  I have to admit it was my favourite ride as a kid too.

Lexi cracked me up on the ride, Lexi was clinging to the horse and our conversation went like this:

Me: Lexi are you having fun?
Lexi: No!
Me: Lexi do you see the horses?
Lexi: No!
Me: Lexi do you like going up and down?
Lexi: No!
(The ride ends)
Me: Lexi the ride is over, time to get off.
(Lexi clings even tighter to the horse)
Lexi: NOOOOO!

So despite her protests I think that Lexi had a good time too.  The kids fell asleep before we even got out of the parking lot, and Cali continued to sleep through the rest of the night.  I figured we must do this again sometime soon!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment