Pages

Tuesday 21 June 2011

No More TV

Ed and I signed up for cable this year when Shaw had their promotion on for cable for only $10 a month for the first 6 months.  So we signed up in December.

Really I didn't find myself watching it too often and if I did I would end up watching reruns of Sex and the City; nothing I haven't seen before.

TV has changed a lot in the past twenty years.  I remember years ago having a favourite sitcom and wanting to watch it or a TV drama.  However it seems like there is nothing good on anymore.  There are more reality shows than you can shake a stick at, which I find mildly entertaining, and fixed I am sure of it they are all fixed!

Really I only thing I may miss is PBS kids.  I love all the shows and enjoy watching them with the girls.  However I discovered that you can watch them all online at pbskids.go.org So maybe I won't miss them after all!  There is also the library where I can take all of the shows out on DVD.  Really who needs cable?  Since the weather has improved we are outside most of the time.

I told Ed he could get cable again next December so he can watch the Stanley Cup playoffs.  Other than that who needs it?  Honestly when you take DVDs out of the library for free, or watch TV online...  I think that if cable networks want to stick around they need to start putting on some better shows.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. I gave up TV cold turkey for myself, three years ago. Sometimes it will be on in other places and I see bits and pieces of shows I use to watch...I was shocked at how desensitized I seemed to have gotten...because they certainly aren't worth watching anymore.

    And bonus.......I get SO much more stuff done now. lol.

    ReplyDelete