Pages

Thursday 25 November 2010

Winter Tires

I picked up my van and brought it home!  It is now sitting outside the house waiting for us to use it.  It won't be today... I am not heading out again until this weather improves which should be tomorrow.

The ride was very smooth.  I had them put on new winter tires the van before I took it home, great idea.  Cali and Lexi didn't make a sound until we were just outside of town.  Got to love the DVD player.  Cali can no longer reach my seat with her six foot long legs (or something close to 6 feet).  Everything was great no complaints thus far.  Only advice I have is don't give chocolate to a 13 month-old in a new car... I have a bit of a mess to clean up when it warms up outside.  It was cute though, little chocolate smeared face, hands, snow pants, sweater, car seat, van door...

Anyway as we are deep into winter weather here in Alberta here is a tidbit of info that you might find useful if you don't already know.  I just learned that you should change your tires to winter ones when the average temperature reaches 7 degrees.  I didn't know that.  We had always changed our tires when the first snow flies.  So 7 degrees... we have been waiting much too long.  We will be sure to do that next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment