Pages

Thursday 25 November 2010

Lexi's First Birthday

Gosh I am hoping that Santa will bring me a new camera this year... *hint, hint*

I have not been able to take pictures of the girls for the last little while since the camera won't completely turn off or on.  It's stuck somewhere in the middle.  Yes, Dad I did change the batteries and it's not helping.

So for that very reason here are Lexi's first birthday photos a month later.  A big thanks to Papa for being our photographer.

Here is Lexi with her cake.  Yes I know it is in a bowl and not professionally decorated.  She doesn't look like she cares though, does she?  Anyway the cake turned out this way due to this little product I picked up.
spritzer.jpg



This is a Pampered Chef "Kitchen Spritzer".  Great idea, saves money and the environment if you are a PAM user like myself.  I was really excited about it and used in the cake pan.  Anyway this first time user didn't realize that you need to spray WAY more than you did with the PAM.  I figured that out after this event when the cake came out in several pieces instead one nice cake.  The spritzer and I are now friends, needless to say we were not on Lexi's birthday.  To reinforce if you ever buy one of these you need to spray until the pan is dripping with oil, then you are good to go.

Anyway like I said Lexi didn't care.  Enough gab more pictures...
Lexi enjoying her cake.
It tastes the same no matter how it looks.
Bath time after the cake.  (I gave Ed a haircut, this is the best picture we have of it.  Again would LOVE a new camera.  And yes I am that cheap, I cut my family's hair.)
Lexi opening her gifts with Grammie.  She got a her own Dolly and The Princess and the Frog movie.  
So that was about it for her first birthday.  I know no theme.  Maybe next year.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Happy birthday Lexi!!!! I endorse the idea of a new camera - I'd like to see much more photos!!! :D (canon is an awesome brand...). Very cool, Lexi looks a bit like Cali on the photo "Lexi enjoying her cake" (first time I see that)
    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to do this here, Meg...but since you don't have Facebook and I don't have your email... what's your address!? Thanks!

    P.S. Happy Birthday, Lexi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. I cut James' hair too. I go get mine done elsewhere but his I do. :)

    ReplyDelete