Pages

Sunday 7 November 2010

To Whom it May Concern

A few weeks ago Cali got into some trouble.  I felt I dealt with it appropriately.  Later that day someone stopped by my house to tell me I was "too harsh"  with Cali.  Over the past weeks it has been tearing me apart because no one knows what happened in the middle of the day.  To get it out there so I can some peace of mind this is it.

After the incident I took Cali to the library where we checked out a few books about safety so she could understand the severity of her actions.  We went home and read these books together and I had Cali explain to me why what she did was so bad.  We cuddled and talked, then had lunch.  Once Lexi went down for a nap, Cali and I started watching her favourite movie together when we were interrupted.

So that's what happened.

I love my kids that's why I give them boundaries.    

6 comments:

  1. We all need boundaries. Cali knows she is loved and is shown that every second of her day! You are the BEST Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some "adults" need to know their boundaries and learn to stay within them. To point a finger is to have three pointing back at them.
    You are the BEST mom your children can have. Take no notice of others trying to "out mom" you.

    DAD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I am speechless. I TOTALLY agree with your dad!! Totally. Boundaries set by parents are set because parents LOVE and CARE about their kids in the first place. That's why Heavenly Father himself set boundaries for each and everyone of us. You go girl!!! Keep on setting those boundaries. Don't let anyone else tell you differently. You are your children's mom.....no one else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the support everyone.

    I am still hurt, however I know with time I will heal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am such a believer of boundaries and routines... you know best & what's best for your kids!!!

    ReplyDelete