Pages

Saturday 20 November 2010

A Vehicle Purchasing Fairytale


As I posted last week Ed and I began the hunt for a mini-van.  After the afternoon at that dealership we knew what we wanted in our van.

So I went home and hopped on autotrader.ca and kijiji to see what was out there.  So on Monday I found one that I was interested in and contacted the dealer for a test drive.  I set up a time for Thursday evening to come in and take a look.  The dealer called me on Wednesday night to tell me that the van had sold but they had a similar van that I might be interested in.  When I asked for further details about this van he told me that he would call me back.

About an hour later he called me back with details about the van.  Strangely enough this van sounded quite similar, in fact it sounded like the same van, same make, model, mileage, year, colour... only this one was $2,000 more.  What are the chances of that they would have two of the exact same van that I showed interest in?  I believe about zero.  Slimy salesman.  When I checked auto trader the next day the posting was exactly the same only the price had changed.

Enough of those guys.  I searched again and found exactly what Ed and I were looking for for $6,000 less in the other end of town.  We set up an appointment and took a look at it today... lucky we did.  Someone made an offer on it over the phone while we had it out for a test drive.  Lucky for us we were there in person and the manager had our credit card in his hand.  Even after we were got back another couple took the van out for a drive and wanted to make an offer but it was already ours.  Phewf!

So we are the proud new owners of the mini-van you see in the photo above.  The only problem now is waiting until Tuesday.  Cali was pretty mad that she didn't get to drive in it tonight.  Soon enough we will be on the road in a true momma-mobile.

      

2 comments:

  1. Whooo hooo! Good for you guys. That's the way to get the best deal. Ha ha to that slimy salesman. He thought he had a "dumb" woman on the phone. Nope. ; D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratualtions!! it is a momentous occaision when we get a grown-up car!!

    ReplyDelete