Pages

Wednesday 2 December 2009

I am Behind!

I've fallen a little behind on my blogging; So this a super-post many things to update!


First a little Cali update.  She spent the weekend with her Grammie and Papa.  It sounds like she had an action packed time!  While she was there she drew a picture of our family that I want to share.  She looks like Rollie Polie Ollie, hey?  Cute, cute!  I love it when kids start to draw. 

I also love that she made me skinnier than Ed!  Haha!  Speaking of which I am joining the Biggest Loser contest in town starting in January.  I plan to win!  I will also keep you posted on my progress as well.  Maybe I will be skinnier than Ed again!

Cali is working on potty training again.  The M&Ms are helping this time... more incentive than stickers!  Hope it sticks!

Here is a cute video of her singing the Alphabet Song.  Little Miss Entertainment!



Lexi is 5 weeks old and has porked out; she is now about 11 lbs!  She is also wearing size 6 month sleepers.  She's so much bigger than Cali was it will be interesting who ends up being bigger in the end.  Her one month Chinese party is this weekend.  Hope you can make it!

I finished reading "The Historian" by Elizabeth Kostova.  Excellent book a bit longer than I am used to but fully worth it!  I was little disapointed in the ending... I would have made it different.  I won't give details so I don't ruin it for anyone.  So email me and we can talk about it if you like.  I love to talk books! 

Also did I mention that the book isn't scary?  For anyone who is like me: I was a little afraid to read it but I will assure you it's not scary... I found it suspensful, but not scary.  So when the movie comes out in the new year I taking Ed to go see it.  So he will now what I was up to all weekend.


 As I mentioned in a previous post I am only reading children's literature this year to give my brain a break.  The Historian was not planned it just happened...

Anyway I am now reading the Harry Potter series.  I remember during my first year of university my friend told me that her little brother was making her read it because he thought it was such a great book.  I thought "oh look a nice little kid's book".  A few years later is popularity exploded.

I never read the books being swamped with school work.  So I decided to read them this year, thinking that all the hype would let me down.  Well they are as good as everyone says; what an imagination J.K. Rowling has.  She is simply amazing, I would love to read more of her books.  Anyway for anyone like me they are certainly worth the read.

So I think that I have updated this enough for now.  Must get back to Hogwart's.... or my kids...

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Sounds like Lexi is growing like a weed! Joy's little Danika was also not so "little" she grew very fast too. She actually is just 20 months now and already wearing size 3 clothes at times. Would love to have a visit sometime!

    ReplyDelete