Pages

Sunday 20 December 2009

This should make you feel better

I grew up in a spotless home. Making sure the house was clean was always my Mom's first priority. You would never find a mess like this in her home. I try hard but by the end of the week our house always looks like a bomb exploded. I am definitely not my Mom when it comes to cleaning. I do it once a week and if it gets messed up somewhere in between I don’t have the energy to do anything about it. I would much rather indulge in a few pages of my book than waste the effort on cleaning something that is going to be messy again the next day. Living in a messy house does stress me out a bit I will admit. I feel a bit embarrassed that my house looks like some crazy cat lady lives in it. (My house doesn’t smell like cat pee though.)


Today at church my friend Kristi I were discussing the state of our homes. We were talking about just how messy they were and how long it takes to them clean them up. It was comforting to discover that other people also have difficulty raising a family and keeping a spotless house. After I returned home from church today I surveyed the mess; the dirty laundry from last week lying in various spots, dirty dishes, and toys strewn about. I felt comfort knowing that it's just not me and my house. (Kristi also isn’t a dirty cat lady). So I decided to take a photo of our downstairs to bring comfort to someone else. I hope that this brings peace and comfort to your heart and mind over the holidays. Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Hehe! I think it would be hard to keep a clean house with a new born and toddler!! What matters the most is that you and Kristi are great Mothers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, thanks for that photo. the only time I can really get Ryker to clean up his toys was tonight when I told him that we had to clean them up so Santa didn't trip on them! Your kids will remember the times you played with them, not the times you were too busy to clean the house. (kudos to your mom for keeping a clean house with little kids)

    ReplyDelete