Pages

Thursday 19 March 2009

Smokehouse Quesadillas

When I first moved to Calgary my favourite restaurant was Moxie's. They had this great appetizer called the Smokehouse Quesadilla. Well a few years later they changed their menu and would no longer make them. My mom and I were both disappointed so I decided to try to make it myself and I succeeded. So here is my recipe.

Meg's Smokehouse Quesadillas

3 fully cooked chicken breasts
2 cups shredded colby and Monterey Jack cheese
6 8 inch flour tortillas
2 127mL cans diced green chilies
2 tablespoons chopped green onions (2)
1 cup Bull's-Eye Bold Original BBQ sauce
jalapeno peppers (optional)
sour cream (optional)
salsa (optional)

1. Chop the chicken breasts into bite-size pieces place in a small bowl and mix in BBQ sauce. (Of course you can try other brands of BBQ sauce but I'm sticking with Bull's-Eye.)

2. Sprinkle 1/3 cup cheese over half of each tortilla. Top with 2 tablespoons green chilies, some green onion, jalapenos (if desired), and 1/6 of the chicken breast mixture. Fold tortilla in half , pressing gently.

3. In a 10 inch skillet cook quesadillas, 2 at a time over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or till lightly browned, turning once. Remove quesadillas from skillet; place on a baking sheet. Keep warm in 300 degree oven. Repeat with remaining quesadillas. To serve, cut into wedges. If desired serve with salsa and sour cream. Makes 6 appetizer servings.

Try it out. That's what we are having for dinner tonight. Oh and for anyone who is a fan of the Broccoli and Cheese Soup at Moxie's I found the recipe for it at allrecipes.com: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Broccoli-Cheese-Soup/Detail.aspx

1 comment:

  1. Man, it looks so good. I am definitly going to try them.

    ReplyDelete