Pages

Sunday 8 March 2009

March Already!

I took Cali to her friend Meghan's birthday party today. It was at a local gymnastics club. Cali had a great time running around on the foam and jumping on the trampolines. Some time has past since her Jolly Jumper days but she got back into the swing quickly.



I can't believe that it is March already, so that means spring should be just around the corner, right? Not here, today we got a huge dump of snow. I think that this has been my snowiest winter in Alberta. I don't believe a week has passed without a snowfall. This is all fine as it covers the dead brown Alberta landscape, however I am not to used to driving in the snow. I got stuck on my street about a month ago as they don't plow in southern Alberta, instead they wait for a Chinook to blow in and melt it all. In the meantime the roads get quite nasty. I will give them credit for plowing the main streets and highways but other than you are out of luck.

Ed competed in a badminton tournament this weekend. His team made it to semi-finals. I think that's pretty good considering his age... just kidding!



We are working away at the basement. Hoping to get it finished before Ed's brother Darryl comes to visit for Easter. Right now we are living completely on the upstairs level. It's a mess we have furniture and boxes shoved in every corner of the house. There is no room to "pay" as Cali says. I can't wait to get it completed then I can set up her kitchen and slide. It's going to awesome. I will have to post pictures of the progress when I get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment