Pages

Tuesday 17 March 2009

Homemade Irish Playdough



I would like to wish everyone a Happy St. Patrick's Day. As my brother often reminds me I am not Catholic and therefore should not celebrate this holiday. Steve Cali and I will make orange playdough on Orangemen's Day on July 12th. Hey maybe we will be in Nova Scotia then!

Anyway to celebrate Cali and I made green playdough. This was her first time playing with playdough. I can't believe that I didn't think about trying this before. My brother and I used to spend hours with playdough as kids. Anyway I found this great website with a few different recipes to try.

http://www.creativekidsathome.com/activities/activity_8.html

My friend makes the kool-aid playdough and her kids love it. Cali and I just made the plain old flour, salt, and water. It great because I don't have to worry about her eating it because I know for sure all the ingredients are safe.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

3 comments:

  1. I love playdough too...thanks for shraing the recipe for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Now that's a fun Patty's day celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Homemade playdough, that's awesome! Cali is getting so big!
    I completely forgot about your blog! Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete