Pages

Wednesday 25 November 2009

The Dread Pirate Cali


Okay I just need to add a quick update. I have been keeping us quite busy by attending every playgroup in town that I know of. I am pretty sure that Cali’s favourite is Story Time at the library on Tuesdays. Yesterday when I told her it was Tuesday she couldn’t wait to go. She got ready all by herself and had her boots on to go at 9am… Story Time isn’t until 11am… poor girl. Yesterday’s theme was pirates and Cali made an eye patch and pirate hat which she proudly wore the remainder of the day.

Speaking of pirates I read the Princess Bride over the weekend. That’s a great book… a little different from the movie but yes the book is better. I completely fell for William Goldman’s trick of it being an abridged edition. I was on the library website for a while trying to find the unabridged edition of the Princess Bride; anyway it doesn’t exist. Check out Wikipedia if you have questions.

I am reading a new book call The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova… I can’t put it down. So far it is one of the best books I have read ever; I am on page 300 or so with another 400 to go. I am sure once I am finished there will be a review on here. Good Reads is an awesome resource for anyone that is a reader, I joined the other week, love it!


Lexi turned one month yesterday. She getting nice big chubby cheeks and still looks a lot like her Dad. She is on the verge of smiling so I am sure before too long there will be an update here with a big smile.

Cali and I decorated the Christmas tree on Saturday and now we are counting down the days. That’s about it from here right now.

1 comment: