Pages

Friday 22 August 2014

A New Yu

On August 11 at 6:26am we welcomed a new Yu into our little family weighing in at 7lbs 5oz and 20.5 inches long.  We love you Bemme!

My contractions were regular and strong so I had Ed take me to the hospital the night before to be checked.  Somewhere between home and the hospital the contractions slowed down and weakened, however the Doctor on call took pity on me being a mother of four herself and she kept me.

I was also really lucky that night that my friend Rachel was working and she assigned me the best nurse on shift.  Renee was an awesome nurse and good person to chat with during the night.

I didn't realize that I had become so swollen over the past few months, so I was shocked when it took six tries and four nurses to get my IV.  Once they got the antibiotics going I had to wait three hours then they tried breaking my water.  (That worked like a charm last time and got Won Ton out in 20 minutes!)  This time it wasn't enough, after two hours of nothing they started the oxytocin drip.  That did the trick this time and had baby Bemme in my arms a couple of hours later.

The only complication was that this little turkey had his cord wrapped around his ankle, his heart rate dropped to 50 while I was pushing.  However thanks to my excellent nurse Renee, Dr. Hudson, and my great pushing skills we had him out in no time with no ill effects.

Another great delivery thanks to nitrous oxide, my nurse told that I was the happiest labouring woman she had ever seen :) Also as an added bonus for not having an epidural I was allowed to shower in L&D.  Best push present ever!!!





This little boy is certainly adored by his big sisters and brother!
          


1 comment: