Pages

Tuesday 1 June 2010

Aww, Snap!


This message has been recurring on my screen as I attempt to update my blog.  If anyone else uses Google Chrome you may be familiar with it.  Let me tell you I see it about 5 times plus a day.  It gets quite annoying as my computer crashes shortly after and I have start from sratch.

My brother tells me that it's Windows and I need to put linux on my computer.  However I can't because my CD drive is no longer recognized by my computer and I can't find a usb drive big enough in the house.  Grrrr!

So why aren't I using the Mac?  Well Ed got it from the school and it's so old that it can't use flash.  So I can't update my blog on it.  I am hoping someday to own a new Mac that I could use.

So here I am using this Toshiba laptop circa 2004 that is slowly dying.  Cali told me today that she heard the computer say "I'm dying, I'm dying".  I completely believe her.  Oh if only money grew on trees then I would have  a nice new computer that I could load pictures on so I could really update my blog.

So anyway here's the update.  It turns out that the overflow in the bathroom sink that Cali used to flood house was plugged.  The rubber ring had slipped down and completely blocked it off.  So now I feel better knowing that I hadn't left Cali alone for so long with running water.  I didn't think that it was that long.

The other good news is that we were able to dry out the basement enough that we won't have to any major repairs, just touch up a few places with paint.  Yes I was quite happy about that.

So whenever I get a computer that works I will put up some pictures of Cali's birthday. 

2 comments:

  1. Why don't you ask your dad to lend you a USB drive he has 5 of them from 40 to 250 GB. He even has an external CD drive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh okay I will ask him anonymous but he already does so much for us I feel guilty.

    ReplyDelete