Pages

Tuesday 5 May 2009

Summer Plans... Nova Scotia here I come!


So I finally found out about my summer holidays...

So our flights are booked. I am taking Ed and Cali to the homeland the beginning of July for about a week... since that's all the time I have. I plan an pushing as much bagpipes, kilts, blueberries, strawberries, lobster, maple cream and everything else Nova Scotian down their throats as possible. I am seriously counting down the days!

So that leaves the rest of my summer free. Please if you have any suggestions of what else I can fill the days with in Alberta let me know. I don't want to sit this summer out!

We are planning to go to Taber Cornfest though... that will be a weekend to remember!

3 comments:

  1. sounds like it will be a fun time...I miss the good old Nova Scotia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so exciting! I'd be counting down the days too! You're almost there! I look forward to seeing all the photos! Um let's see what is there to do in Alberta in the mean time. There is always Stampede. If you're in Taber for the cornfest, make a trip to Lethbridge, there is Whoop Up days (but I think that is in August). The Zoo is always a fun place to go to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to the Taber Corn Fest. I'm sure it will be fun. I'm kind of envious of everyone travelling across Canada this summer. Steve and Sandy are going to have so much fun. You have to introduce Sandy to Geneva. I think they might hit it off. Steve doesn't think so, but what does he know?

    Things to do in Alberta - My personal favourites include - The Zoo, Drumheller and the RT Museum, Heritage Park is ok - make sure you go on the train, and the boat. Also - lots of trips to the Calgary Farmer's Market would be a good time filler. Man I love the Farmer's Market. You don't really need to buy anything - just being there is great. There's also - you know - the stereotypical trips to Banff and Lake Louise.

    However, the trip to Nova Scotia will be 10 times better than any of those things I'm sure. I wish I had a chance to see more of Eastern Canada. Sigh. Ah well. Maybe some day.

    ReplyDelete