Pages

Friday 1 May 2009

Riding on a Bike

So Ed had saved up some Air Miles and decided to cash them in for Sport Chek gift cards... then we had to decide what to do with the money... so we thought we would buy a trike for Cali. Then we went into Calgary to check out the selection and there weren't any trikes that appealed to us. So instead we opted to buy Ed a new bike and buy a "Wee Ride" for it.
Well I have to say I think that this was the best decision. The two of them are out right now on the bike making trips through the neighbourhood. Ed was saying that he wanted to get more exercise so I think that this may be the way. Cali doesn't want to stop!
Here is a quick video of the two of them on the bike. The "Wee Ride" is actually a Canadian invention. I read about it in the Reader's Digest years ago. They have come a long way in the meantime. This one has padding and fancy shoulder straps. Ed being the dad that he is thinks that the padding isn't quite enough! I am sure he will think of a way to improve it. Anyway here is the video!

3 comments:

  1. That is so cute. So much better than those seats that sit on the back of the bike so the kid only stares at your back. I am sure you will have a lot of fun this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been thinking about getting bikes and now I REALLY want one. You have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! Now you just need a bike too to make it a whole family adventure! (unless you already have one!) I had to laugh as I reminisced about my Garneau cooking days.... tortillas, fried green tomatoes... yikes. I'm glad I've learned a few things in the last 10 years!

    ReplyDelete