Pages

Sunday 10 January 2010

Happy Birthday To Me




So today is my birthday.  It has now been offically 10 years since I was teenager.  Time is just flying by so quickly.  I remember this day 10 years ago... today has been much better despite the fact that Cali woke up crying and contined to cry I as got the girls ready for church.  Then Lexi had a blow out and Cali pooped her pants.  Needless to say we didn't make it through all three hours of church today.  We all needed a bath after an hour and a half. 


Check out the cake Ed bought me.  He knows what a big Dora fans Cali and I are.  It means so much to me to have a husband who knows just what I need and takes the time to make me feel special.  I know that Ed and the other members of the bishopric are super busy but Ed managed to spend time with me and the girls today.  Normally we only see Ed for a few hours on Sundays but today we got to spend most of the day together.  That was the best part of today.


Speaking of our little Dora fan here a great picture of her in the Dora jammies that she got for Christmas.  Please note the matching Dora slippers.


Here's a cute little Cali quote.  Last week I had "Harry Potter and the order of the Phoenix" sitting on my bedside table.  Cali pointed at it and her in sweet little voice she said "we get that chicken book at the library Mommy?".  She's so funny, I love her interpretation of the world. 

Lexi had her first laugh Friday night as Cali was taking a bath at Grammie's house.  Mom was holding Lexi on her lap watching Cali in the tub and as Cali was squirting water Lexi laughed "huh-huh".  Mom called out to me "I didn't know that Lexi was laughing already".  I said "she's not"!  I ran into the bathroom and heard the laugh repeated.  So darn cute!  I knew that Cali would be the first one to make her laugh as she just adores her big sister. 

It's too bad we didn't catch the laugh on video like we did with Cali.  I am going to have to try to see what I can do.  Just for old times sake here is Cali's first laugh so many years ago...

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to my little girl. I'm glad you got such a special husband and two wonderful girls of your own. It makes me so happy to see you happy.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Meg!! Sounds like you ended up having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Meg! I loved the little video as well of Cali!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete