Pages

Tuesday 15 May 2007

The New Yu Edition

Sorry I haven't posted anything up here for a while but I think that I have a pretty good excuse, I had a baby! Yes, Calista Jean Yu joined our family at 11:34am on Thursday May 10th at High River Hospital. She weighed a hefty 6lbs 1oz and measured 19 inches long. After she was born I thought that I had the wrong baby; she didn't look Chinese at all! But now with everyday that passes she looks more and more like her Daddy, just as I had hoped!

Our little family is doing well now thanks to Grammie (my Mom) coming to stay with us for a few days. Ed is a excellent Daddy just as I knew he was going to be. Every diaper change is going smoother and faster. He loves his special time alone with Cali as you can tell from the pictures.

As for me everyday my bum feels a bit better and the breastfeeding is coming too. The nurses at the heath unit here are awesome and have already come out to see Cali and me three times! As for the birth experience I honestly can't complain, I was only in active labour for about 6 hours and once I had dilated I only pushed for 10 minutes. Yep, Cali was out in three contractions! I was pretty happy that I was able to do the entire thing without any medications... but believe me towards the end I was wondering what I was thinking! I have to thank Ed, I couldn't have gone through it without his help.

Anyway here are some pictures of our beautiful little girl. Enjoy! Come back to look often as I am sure that there is more to come! To see the entire album just click on the picture of Cali below.

Oh and just in case you are interested Cali was named after her great Grandmother Jean Brogan and great Aunt Jean Mills.
Little Cali Baby

4 comments:

  1. Just one picture??? I was hoping for some more of that cutie pie to see!!! Glad to hear that you are surviving.....you are a brave firl doing it with no drugs.....my smallest baby has been 9'1 so I am all about the drugs.....with my last baby he was 11'4 and I almost didn't have time to get the drugs.....thank goodness I did!!! Keep posting some pictures......take it easy....those sits bath things are great for the butt!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info on viewing the pics. I didn't realize by clicking the one pictures I would get 27 more to view. She is just beautiful.....it looks like your mom is enjoying her alot as well. Talk to you later.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations again! I'm so happy she came out in three contractions!! I'm going to will myself for something similar to happen!!! Take care of you and keep the pictures coming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meags & Ed, I haven't even gotten over that my best friend is married yet alone have a baby girl. Congratulations to you both and I'm sure you'll continue to have a beautiful journey with Cali. Wish I was there to share it with you.

    ReplyDelete